Job Position : Office 365 Technical Support Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Job Description :
Responsible for resolving and documenting technical support communications for MS O365 product customers
This person will be responsible for delivering Technical Support for the Office 365 (O365) Exchange Online.
General Responsibilities :
- Represent Microsoft and communicate with Microsoft customers via telephone, written correspondence, or email with regards to finding technical solutions
- Facilitating resolution of complex technical issues in all areas of MS O365 by collecting the necessary documentation or recreating issue in house.
- Responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with these customers and thoroughly documenting their cases.
- Abilities to deal with not only technically complex issues, but also the ability to address politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill.
- Insuring customer's issue is resolved to their satisfaction by recommending workarounds and/or other fixes.
- Keeping the customer updated on the status of issue, as well as keeping the CRM system updated with current information on the case, recommendations and resolution.
- Contributing articles to the technical support knowledgebase.
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues. Collaborate with Tech Leads and Escalation Resources when appropriate
Communication/Soft Skills :
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal. Good command of (target) language for professional level communication with the customers.
- Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other organizations at a peer level, while also being able to assess a customer’s level of technical knowledge and communicate at the appropriate level.
- Proficiency in Technical writing and documentation (to be verified by written assessment administered by the Supplier) to be able to communicate with premier partners, Suppliers, service operations center and various Microsoft groups via electronic correspondence or telephone.
- Ability to handle and own escalated customer situations from end to end with empathy.
- Passion for resolving customer issues with a demonstrated sense of accountability and a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and logically under pressure.
- Strong comprehension skills and phone etiquette, with the ability to assess the most effective media source to best resolve the customer’s issue.
- Cultural exposure working with customers from across multiple geographies.
- Demonstrates a minimum typing speed of 40 GWPM
Previous work Experience :
1-3 years technical support experience in an enterprise (Medium to Large Businesses) environment demonstrating
- Deep understanding of processes and methods to troubleshoot customer issues and improve the customer experience
- High attention to detail with the ability to understand complex workflow systems
- Excellent logical problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of microcomputers
- Preferred, 4 year technical degree or equivalent work experience
All Technical queues will have
MCITP, MCTS or MCP
- Preferred at hire
Preferred that each Frontline TSE must complete the components of the MCITP certification that pertain to their assigned technical queue within 12 months of hire. These components include :
- Latest available certification in the technology supported
- Exam 70-346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements
- Exam 70-347: Enabling Office 365 Services
- MCITP, MCTS or MCP
Note – Certification exams keep getting updated / refreshed. The above list will be reviewed every 6 months and changes will be made as appropriate.
Technical Knowledge/Skills :
- Candidate should be highly technical with a deep understanding of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Applications and Internet search engines.
- Prior knowledge in at least one of the following disciplines is required: network operations, networking protocols, network authentication, messaging technology or messaging protocols, or other technical skill strengths with an online service or network communications
- Solid understanding of standard computer science concepts, personal computer architecture and networking required.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Client Platforms (Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Windows 8).
- Ability to read system/application logs and traces to identify issue cause
Tech Queue Specific
- Experience with and understanding of mail transport fundamentals (POP/IMAP/SMPT), as well as networking fundamentals.
- Includes, but not limited to knowledge of DNS, Message Trace Tools, MX and SPF Records, Block Lists, SPAM, Email Filtering and Virus Protection.
- Experience with configuring mail clients (Outlook or other)
- Basic understanding of Active Directory,
- Overall understanding of Networking concepts, DNS, Routing, DHCP, Firewall, load balancers and other networking hardware’s.
- Basic Understanding of Windows Server 2008\2012
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Exchange server or other mail systems
- Basic Understanding of on premise Exchange 2007/2010/2013
- Auto discover / Outlook connectivity / OWA / ActiveSync / Mailbox Store / MRM / Public folders / EWS / Free-Busy / Mail routing / SMTP relay / Recipient configuration / e-discovery/Discovery search Preferred
- Understanding cloud computing
- On-premise Vs Online
- Services offered in Cloud computing Preferred
- General idea about Integration of On-premise Vs Online Preferred
Preferred Understanding of tools used with Exchange.
- MFCMAPI/EWS Editor
- Outlook logging (ETL)
- Protocol logging
- Message tracking logs & analyzer
Send resume & specify position you are seeking to :Email Id: email@example.com
Q4, Level 5, A1 & A2, Cyber Towers, HiTech City,
Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081